Thursday, October 17, 2013

Walnut Tart







The fall, my fall. October is the month of the fall, but as well the month of my birthday. The fall is for me a romantic and impressive season. The trees transform from green to red and golden yellow. When I think of the fall, I think of acorns and oak leaves, horse chestnuts, walks in the forest and walnuts....well actually walnut tart. This tart my mother used to make for my birthday, as long as I can remember. This week I made it myself for the first time. It felt a bit odd.The mystery of 'the' tart was gone. I knew all the ingredients and how to make it. On the other hand it feels good to know that I can hand on the recipe to the next generation; my son.

Below you can find the recipe. Click for enlargement or you can print it out.


                                     -------------------------------


De herfst, mijn herfst. Oktober is de maand van de herfst, maar ook de maand  van mijn verjaardag. De herfst is voor mij een indrukwekkend en romantisch seizoen. Bomen verwisselen van gedaante, van groen naar rood en goudgeel. De herfst doet mij altijd denken aan eikeltjes, wilde kastanjes, boswandelingen en walnoten.....wel eigenlijk walnoten taart. Deze taart maakte mijn moeder altijd voor mijn verjaardag, zolang als ik mij kan herinneren. Dit jaar heb ik de taart voor het eerst zelf gemaakt. Dit voelde eigenlijk best wel vreemd. De mysterie van 'de' verjaardagstaart ging er een beetje vanaf. Ik wist nu immers alle ingrediënten, en hoe je het moet maken. Tegelijkertijd voelt het fijn om te weten, dat ik deze taart nu ook weer door kan geven aan de volgende generatie; mijn zoon.

Helemaal onderaan vind je het recept (NL). Klik voor vergroting of print het uit.








No comments: