Friday, April 19, 2013

Back on track with avocado toast








Avocado....that is my all time favorite of all the fruit and vegetables. All year round it is my best friend. It is perfect....the soft and creamy taste that makes it enough filling when you are hungry. And the nutty taste is exactly the earthy taste, which I adore.

For a while was I thinking of sharing this 'recipe' on my blog. But it is not really a recipe...I thought to myself.....but I do eat it almost every day.

This week I bought the book; 'It's all good' by Gwyneth Paltrow and what did I find:

Avocado Toast

'Truthfully, this is the one "recipe" I make and eat the most often! And it's not even a recipe. ....it's the avocado and salt that makes this like a favorite pair of jeans-so reliable and easy and always just what you want.'

What more can I say?

Nevertheless, I do make the 'recipe' a bit different than Gwyneth does.

Gwyneth uses Vegenaise on the toast, but I use mostly high quality olive oil on a warm toast and top it with slices of a perfectly ripe avocado, ever so gently pressing the avocado into the bread. Hit it with a pinch of Fleur de sel or Maldon salt.

That's it.

But actually there is even a bigger favorite, a rice cake (quinoa) with avocado.
I love the contrast between the crunchy bite of the rice cake and the soft creamy taste of avocado.
Just a rice cake, some avocado and a pinch of salt. 
Nothing more, nothing less. 
Try it. You will not regret it. 

The pictures are from our first day on the beach this year. I can't tell you how happy I am with the warmer weather. It was my worst winter period ever. But every cloud has a silver lining and I am back on track!

-----------------------------


Avocado....dat is toch wel mijn grootste favoriet van alle groentes en fruit. Het hele jaar door is dat mijn grootste vriend. Het is perfect....het zachte en romige maakt het genoeg vullend wanneer je echt een beetje trek hebt en de nootachtige smaak is precies die aardse smaak, waar ik zo van houd.

Ik speelde al een tijd met het idee om dit 'recept' te delen op de blog. Maar het is niet echt een recept....dacht ik bij mezelf ....maar ik eet het wel bijna elke dag.

Van de week heb ik het boek gekocht:  'It's all good' van Gwyneth Paltrow en wat zie ik in het boek:

Avocado Toast.

'Truthfully, this is the one "recipe" I make and eat the most often! And it's not even a recipe. ....it's the avocado and salt that makes this like a favorite pair of jeans-so reliable and easy and always just what you want.

Wat heb ik daar nog aan toe te voegen ?

Toch maak ik het "recept" een beetje anders dan Gwyneth.

Gwyneth gebruikt op de toast Vegenaise, maar ik gebruik graag een goede olijfolie op een warme toast en beleg dan de toast met een paar plakken perfect rijpe avocado en druk het net een beetje plat in het brood. Maak het af met een beetje Maldon zeezout of Fleur de sel.

Dat is het...meer niet.

Maar nog een misschien wel grotere favoriet is de rijstwafel (van quinoa) met avocado.
Ik hou van het contrast van het krokante van de rijstwafel en het zachte romige van avocado.
Een rijstwafel, wat avocado en een snufje zout. En klaar.
Probeer het. Je zult er geen spijt van krijgen. 

De foto's zijn van onze eerste stranddag van dit jaar. Je kunt je niet voorstellen hoe blij ik ben met wat warmer weer. Het was echt mijn slechte winterperiode ooit. Maar na regen komt zonneschijn en ik ben weer back on track!


No comments: