Monday, January 14, 2013

Comforting Ratatouille Soup




Concerning health, the new year didn't start too great here at home. With the colder days, temperatures below zero and lots of snow and ice. My son got the chickenpox, then straight after that he got the flu with high fever. Actually, I think I was the one who caused it, because I was feeling awful since the last days of 2012. Headaches, coughing like crazy and muscle pains. Now, half of January we are getting back on track, luckily. I know I'm not the only one feeling like this. So I thought of sharing so you feel not alone there. 
If you feel like this, don't you have cravings for soups aswell? I ate enormously amounts of different kind of soups. Lentil soup, green vegetable soup (like zucchini with broccoli), chickpea soup with leek,  tomato soup and ratatouille soup. These comfortable meals, are just the kind that make you feel instantly better and warm inside. I hope you will too. 
Below is my recipe for the ratatouille soup, it deserves a rank among my favorite soups.  I love the creamy taste that the eggplant gives. 

I know it's a bit late...but I wish you all the best for 2013. That it may be a healthy, successful and a happy year.













No comments: